– Pohang is located in southeastern part and approximately 237 miles away from Seoul.
– There are various ways to get to POSTECH including by car, bus, and KTX; nonetheless, the cheapest and easiest way is taking a long distance bus. Most international students enter Korea through Incheon International Airport (Seoul) or Gimhae International Airport (Busan). Both airports operate respective airport limousine buses to other regions in Korea including Pohang.
○ Airport limousine bus schedule from Incheon to Pohang
* Departure Time: 07:00, 08:50, 13:40, 17:10, 19:30, 21:30
* Tickets are available to purchase on the 1st floor of the airport.
* Bus Fare: KRW 44,300
* Time Required: 5 hours – 5 hours and 30 minutes
* Incheon International airport website (boarding information): http://www.airport.kr/
* Place to Board: Platform 10C on the 1st floor
○ Airport limousine bus schedule from Busan to Pohang
* Departure Time: 07:00, 07:30, 08:30, 09:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 13:30, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30, 17:30, 18:30, 19:30, 20:40, 22:00
* You can either purchase a ticket or pay bus fare to the bus driver.
* Bus Fare: KRW 11,000
* Time Required: 2 hours
* Gimhae International airport website (boarding information) : http://www.airport.co.kr/mbs/gimhae/
* Place to Board: Platform 1 (Gate 3)
* Please note that the departure time may be subject to change under circumstances.
○ KTX Train from Incheon Int’l Airport to Pohang
The KTX train which travels directly from Incheon International Airport and Pohang Station runs once everyday at 12:07 pm. The fare for one-way trip is KRW 65,900.
Please note that reservations are necessary to guarantee a seat. To learn more about the Korea Railroad or make a reservation, please visit www.korail.com.
□ Students who are already staying in Korea, please refer to the website below.
– Bus: www.kobus.co.kr
– Train: http://www.korail.com/