Currently under revision
The research participation program is a short-term research program for international students, regardless of their enrollment in partner/non-partner universities. Research students are required to receive prior official approval (Letter of Approval format attached below) of their research project from a supervising professor-to-be at POSTECH before submitting their applications for the program.
● Program/Student Terms
○ Research Exchange : Students from Partner Institutions
○ Visiting Research: Students from Non-Partner Institutions
● Classifications depending on Level of Study
○ Master’s/Ph.D. Degree Holders
Those who can prove their degrees with their Diplomas or Certificates of Graduation (with apostille or official seal of the Consulate of Korea)
○ Undergraduate/Master’s/Integrated(Master’s-Ph.D.) Degree Students
● Period of Stay
The Maximum period of research is 12 months, and research participation period will be determined by the visiting student and the POSTECH advising professor.
○ Application Information
Undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in a non-partner university of POSTECH
Application Period & How to Apply
• Application for visiting program must be completed 90 days prior to the start date.
• Completed application form must be signed by an outbound coordinator at home university and sent to the inbound coordinator of POSTECH Student Affairs via email.
Required Supporting Documents for Visiting Application
• (English) Notarized Certificate of Degree (Master’s, PhD), Certificate of Enrollment
• Academic Transcript in English
• Official Score of English Proficiency (for non-native English speakers only)
• One Recommendation Letter from Home University Supervisor
• Copy of Passport
All visiting students are required to directly contact an advisor-to-be at POSTECH for admission and receive an approval letter from the supervisor, which will be uploaded on the online application system.
Visiting Program applicants’ outcomes will be announced within 30 days after completing online application and submitting a completed application form. Admitted visiting students will receive an application packet including Certificate of Admission, Admission Letter, Housing & Health Insurance Information and Online Guidebook.
○ Visa Requirement
Once visiting students receive an admission packet, they are required to apply for their visas individually at the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate in their home countries prior to entering Korea. A student visa (D-2) is required to study in Korea for all visiting students. Please contact your nearest Korean Embassy or consulate to find more details about visa requirement and process.
※ Visiting students must obtain a visa if they receive any financial support from POSTECH though stay period is less than 90 days and they are from countries with visa exemption agreement. Please contact your nearest Korean Embassy or consulate for more information.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is to support and assist the international members of the university so that they can achieve their educational as well as personal success in POSTECH. ISSS provides services for arrival, housing, orientation, settlement, visa, and leaving and more. ISSS is always ready to help international members and give them advice whenever they need
Link to ISSS web page: ISSS
○ Compulsory Medical Insurance
All visiting students are required to purchase a health insurance arranged by POSTECH Student Affairs, and the insurance fee per month is about KRW 20,000 ~ KRW 30,000 (subject to be changed).
On-campus dormitories are guaranteed for all international visiting students.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will host orientation program a few days after visiting students arrive at POSTECH. Orientation will include informative sessions which will be necessary for new comers.