We regret to announce that all exchanges are withdrawn until August 2021 due to the worldwide situation.
○ Reference Materials
The POSTECH International Exchange Program will give you the opportunity to study and immerse yourself in the Korean culture and actively participate in research activities under supervision of an advising professor. The POSTECH International Exchange Program is offered for undergraduate/graduate students from partner universities of around the world.
○ Types of Program
International exchange students may take courses at POSTECH and transfer credits to their home universities. About 60% of academic courses are taught in English.
Exchange students may participate in the research program supervised by a POSTECH professor. Applicants are required to directly contact an advisor-to-be at POSTECH for admission. The duration for research can vary from 3 to 24 months.
Course-taking + Research
• Undergraduate or graduate students nominated by the international office of partner institutions
• GPA Average: ‘B’ or above
• English Proficiency (for non-native speakers): TOEFL iBT 79, IELTS 6.0, or above
* may be substituted with equivalent proof documents
Application Period & How to Apply
• Application Period for Fall: ~ April 1
• Application Period for Spring: ~ October 1
• The application for research must be completed 60 days prior to the starting date.
• The complete application form must be signed by an exchange coordinator of the applicants’ home university and sent to the inbound coordinator of POSTECH via email.
Required Supporting Documents
• Academic Transcript in English
• Official Score of English Proficiency (for non-native English speakers only)
• One Recommendation Letter from Home University Supervisor
• Copy of Passport (with over 6 months’ validity)
• Letter of Approval from POSTECH Professor (for research exchange only)
Advising Professor (for research exchange only)
• Research exchange students (Type: C+R & R) are required to contact a POSTECH professor and get approval for research projects before applying. Letter of approval from the advising professor must be attached on the online application form.
• Fall Entry: by the Early May
• Spring Entry: by the Early November
• Research exchange applicants’ outcomes will be announced within 30 days of application submission.
• Admitted students will receive an application packet including Certificate of Admission, Admission Letter, Certificate of Business Registration, Guidebook for International Exchange Students (by email), and additional instructions from ISSS (International Student and Scholar Services) will follow.
○ Academic Information
Academic Calendar (Link)
Course List Offered: lms.postech.ac.kr – ‘English’ – ‘Learning Guide’ – ‘Courses’
※ Undergraduate exchange students may take graduate courses, and vice versa.
※ Subject to completion of pre-requisite courses, exchange students may take cross-faculty courses.
Academic Policy (Undergraduate)
Academic Policy (Graduate)
○ Visa Requirement
Once exchange students receive an admission packet, they are required to apply for their visas individually at the nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate in their home countries prior to entering Korea. A student visa (D-2 type) is required to study in Korea for all international exchange students. Please contact the nearest Korean Embassy or consulate to get more details about visa requirement and process.
※ Exchange students are required to obtain a study abroad visa (D-2 type) even though period of stay is less than 90 days. If they are from countries with visa exemption agreement, they might be exempted from applying for the visa. Please contact your nearest Korean Embassy or consulate for more information.
Ms. Monica No
Inbound Program Coordinator